On Saturday, April 25, more than 120 alumnae, students, parents, faculty, staff, SSND, and friends gathered together to make a difference in the Lemay, South City, and South County community.
Funded in part by the S. Mary Ann Governal and Mrs. Ellen Ryan Memorial Development Grant (offered by the Archdiocese of St. Louis), Charism in Action: Notre Dame Community Service Day was a joint effort of Notre Dame High School and the School Sisters of Notre Dame Vocation Team. It was an opportunity for all members of the Notre Dame community to live out the SSND mission of serving women, children, and the poor and to make a difference in the world around them.
Projects sites for this day of service included:
• Bee Tree Park
• Community Care Center of Lemay
• Feed My People
• The Housing Partnership
• Salvation Army Gateway Citadel
• St. Cecilia Catholic Church
• St. Francis of Assissi Catholic Church
• St. Matthias Catholic Church
• St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church